What is an eyebrow hair transplant?
Did you know that as people age, thinning and patchy eyebrows can become a common issue? To keep up with today’s trends, many individuals strive for fuller and thicker eyebrows, typically achieved through the use of makeup products.
However, an eyebrow transplant can offer a more permanent solution for our Sydney patients.
Before opting for the procedure, it is essential to understand the benefits, risks, cost, and recovery process associated with eyebrow hair restoration surgery.
Residents interested in eyebrow transplants, in Sydney, can book an appointment at our Hair Doctors clinic for expert advice and treatment.
An eyebrow transplant is a surgical procedure in which healthy existing hair from a donor area, usually the back or sides of the head, is transplanted into the eyebrows, creating a fuller, more symmetrical look.
It can be used to restore the appearance of natural eyebrow hair that may have been lost due to alopecia, accidents, or other medical conditions.
Restoring beautiful eyebrows can improve
self-confidence and facial symmetry
Who needs eyebrow
hair transplant surgery?
Eyebrow transplants are typically used to treat people who have lost their eyebrows due to medical conditions such as:
They can also be used to improve the shape and size of existing eyebrows.
Benefits of eyebrow
Transplanted eyebrow hairs can provide many aesthetic and practical benefits. They can help to enhance the facial structure while providing a more balanced look.
They can also help to improve facial expressions and nonverbal communication, as well as boost a person’s confidence and reduce the need for makeup.
Eyebrow transplants with Hair Doctors can
improve facial symmetry and aesthetics.
Some other benefits include:
- Natural Results: An eyebrow transplant can create a natural look that is indistinguishable from your own brow hair.
- Long Lasting: The transplanted hair is permanent, and will continue to grow for a lifetime.
- Finest Quality: An eyebrow transplant uses the highest quality hair from the donor area, which is usually the back of the head.
- Minimally Invasive: The procedure is minimally invasive and requires no stitches or scarring.
- Low Risk: The risk of complications is very low and the procedure is considered safe.
- Cost: The cost of an eyebrow transplant is relatively affordable when compared to other cosmetic procedures.
Risks of an eyebrow transplant surgery
An eyebrow transplant is considered a safe procedure, but as with any surgical procedure, there are some risks associated with it and these risks include:
- Infection: An eyebrow transplant procedure involves implanting hairs into the scalp, which can cause infection if not done properly.
- Scarring: The procedure involves making incisions in the scalp, which can lead to scarring.
- Hair Loss: Hair loss can occur in the transplanted area due to the trauma of the surgery.
- Cysts: Cysts can form in the transplanted area due to the transplantation of hairs.
- Allergic Reaction: An allergic reaction to the anesthesia used during the procedure can occur.
- Numbness: Numbness in the transplanted area can occur due to nerve damage.
- Poor Growth: Poor growth of the transplanted hairs can occur due to improper technique or poor quality of the donor’s hair.
- Unnatural Look: The transplanted hairs can look unnatural due to the placement of the hairs or the quality of the donor’s hair if done by an inexperienced surgeon.
How is an eyebrow transplantation
An eyebrow transplant procedure is usually performed under local anesthetic. The surgeon will begin by harvesting donor hairs from the back of the scalp and then prepare the recipient area by making tiny incisions in the brow area.
The hairs are then implanted into the incisions, one at a time, in a manner that mimics the natural growth pattern of the eyebrow. After the procedure, the patient will be required to wear a plastic or cloth headband to keep the transplanted hair in place while it heals.
The transplanted hairs will begin to grow within a few weeks, and the final results of the transplantation procedure will be visible after several months.
Eyebrow transplant cost - Sydney
Why choose us
Hair Doctors are Sydney’s leading hair loss clinic for men and women, offering comprehensive doctor-led services for hair restoration. Our services include hair loss consultations, digital scalp analysis, medication and growth factor treatments, as well as medical and surgical hair restoration.
Meet our doctors
Hair Transplant Doctor
Dr Ateka obtained her qualification from the University of Dundee in the United Kingdom in 2006 and has since amassed over ten years of experience in Aesthetic Medicine and Minor Surgery. She has also received additional Anaesthesia and Acute Care training from the London Hair Restoration Academy.
She specialised in performing hair transplant procedures using advanced micro FUE extraction and DHI implantation techniques
Hair Transplant Doctor
In 2009, Dr Oz graduated from the University of Dundee in the United Kingdom. Subsequently, he furthered his qualifications in medical education and is currently the Medical Advisor/Educator for MOSH, Australia’s leading online Men’s Health platform.
Additionally, he attained additional qualifications from the London Hair Restoration Academy and is proficient in performing transplant surgery with micro FUE extraction and DHI implantation techniques.
We are located at Level 1/5A Bronte Rd, Bondi Junction, New South Wales Australia 2022.
If you require more information on eyebrow transplants, please read our most frequently asked questions:
Head hair follicles can be used to restore eyebrow hair, though it is not a common practice. It is usually done through a procedure called Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), which involves transplanting individual hair follicles from the scalp to the eyebrows.
The results of an eyebrow transplant procedure can usually last up to 5 years or longer depending on the individual’s skin type, age, and lifestyle.
Eyebrow transplants do not grow long. The hair that is transplanted into the eyebrows will grow just like the existing eyebrow hairs, but they will not become longer than they were when they were transplanted.
This information is not intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment. It is aimed at presenting a perspective only and is not a substitute for a prescription. Anyone experiencing a medical condition should consult their doctor.