What is a hair transplant for women?
It is commonly known that many men tend to go bald as they age, but women can also
experience significant hair thinning and hair loss for numerous reasons.
A hair transplant for women is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are transplanted from one part of the body to another.
The transplanted hair then grows and looks natural. Hair transplant for women is often used to restore the appearance of hair to areas affected by pattern baldness, thinning hair, and or scarring from injury or medical treatments.
area of the head into the thinning areas to restore hair growth.
Causes of hair loss in women
There are several causes of hair loss in women which include:
- Heredity: Genetics play an important role in hair loss in women. If hair loss runs in your family, you may be at a higher risk of experiencing it.
- Hormonal Changes: Changes in hormones can cause hair loss in women. This can be due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, or the use of certain medications or birth control pills.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as thyroid disease, lupus, and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), can cause hair loss in women.
- Stress: Emotional and physical stress can cause hair loss in women.
- Medications: Some medications, such as chemotherapy drugs, can cause hair loss in women.
- Lack of Nutrition: A poor diet can lead to hair loss in women. Eating a well-balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrients can help maintain healthy hair.
- Styling Practices: Certain styling practices, such as tight braids, weaves, and chemical treatments, can cause hair loss in women.
Benefits of female
There are a number of benefits that women will experience after a hair transplant procedure which include:
- Increased Confidence: Hair loss can be a major source of insecurity for women, but with hair restoration, women can regain the confidence they once had.
- Improved Appearance: Hair restoration can help women look more youthful and attractive by providing them with a fuller, healthier head of hair.
- Longer Lasting Results: Hair restoration is a permanent solution to hair loss and can provide women with a head of hair that will last for years to come.
- Natural-Looking Results: Hair restoration techniques today use advanced technology to ensure that the results look natural and undetectable.
- Non-Invasive: Hair restoration techniques are minimally-invasive and can be performed in a short period of time with minimal downtime.
Female hair restoration procedures such as hair transplants.
How to hair transplants for women are performed
FUE hair transplants for women are performed using the follicular unit extraction (FUE) method, which involves extracting individual hair follicles from the donor area of the scalp and transplanting them to the recipient area.
The donor area is usually the back of the head, where there is usually healthier and thicker hair growth. The individual follicles are carefully extracted with a special instrument and then transplanted to the recipient area.
The transplanted follicles are placed in areas that are bald or thinning so that the patient can have a fuller and more natural looking head of hair. The procedure is done under local anesthesia, so it is relatively painless and the patient can go home the same day.
The results of an FUE hair transplant for women are typically visible within 3 to 6 months, and the new hair growth can last for many years.
Hair restoration costs - Sydney
The cost of a female hair transplant at Hair Doctors in Sydney is determined by your specific situation and the results you wish to achieve. Once you have had a consultation, we will provide you with a comprehensive quote.
To give an idea of pricing we offer 2000 graft nurse led for the competitive price of $6,999.
Why choose us
Hair Doctors specialise in hair transplantation for female patients. We have extensive experience in completing numerous successful surgeries and countless satisfied customers. Start your hair transplant journey today by reaching out to us.
Meet our doctors
Hair Transplant Doctor
Dr Ateka graduated from the University of Dundee, UK in 2006 and has since dedicated over 10 years to refining her expertise in Aesthetic Medicine and Minor Surgery. She continues to stay up to date with the latest industry advancements through regular professional development, including an in-depth Anaesthesia and Acute Care course from the London Hair Restoration Academy. She is highly specialised in hair transplant procedures, possessing a comprehensive knowledge of micro FUE extraction and DHI implantation techniques.
Hair Transplant Doctor
In 2009, Dr Oz graduated with distinction from the University of Dundee in the United Kingdom, where he was awarded a degree in Men’s Health and Aesthetic Medicine. Since then, he has developed his medical knowledge even further by taking on the role of Medical Advisor and Educator for MOSH, Australia’s leading Men’s Health platform.
His qualifications have been further bolstered by his studies at the London Hair Restoration Academy, leading to him becoming highly experienced in the practice of hair transplant surgery using micro FUE extraction and DHI implantation techniques.
We are located at Level 1/5A Bronte Rd, Bondi Junction, New South Wales Australia 2022.
If you require more information on hair restoration please read our most frequently asked questions:
The cost of a female hair transplant in Australia can vary greatly depending on the type of procedure being performed, the size of the area being treated, and the surgeon performing the procedure.
Generally, the cost of a female hair transplant in Australia can range anywhere from $6,000 to $15,000.
Yes, hair transplants can be successful in females. However, the success of a transplant depends on a variety of factors, including the type and severity of hair loss, the quality of the donor’s hair, and the skill of the surgeon.
In general, women tend to have better results than men, as women typically have better-quality donor hair.
Yes, women with female pattern baldness can have a hair transplant. The procedure is generally the same as it is for men, except that the hairline is designed differently to better suit a woman’s facial shape and hair pattern.
Yes, hair transplants for women can look completely natural. Many women have had successful hair transplants and have seen great results. However, the results will obviously depend on the skill of the surgeon as well as the individual’s hair type, hair loss pattern, and scalp characteristics.
This information is not intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment. It is aimed at presenting a perspective only and is not a substitute for a prescription. Anyone experiencing a medical condition should consult their doctor.